Woot! Woot! Highest Position in explore #140 Thursday 2/26/09
Recently ceese shared a 13 things post about her scars. I thought it was so cool that I decided that I would borrow her idea and do one of my own. So here it goes:
1. The oldest scar I have that I remember anything about is on the bottom knuckle of my left pointer finger. I was around 5 years old when it happened. I was playing with scissors and cut the skin on my knuckle. There is a backwards C shaped scar that is about 1/3 of an inch in size .
2. My oldest sister was quite the bossy individual when I was growing up. She was always trying to make me clean when I didn’t want to. One day I was skating on the front porch (wearing the old metal skates that attached to your shoes). She wanted me to come in and clean. I wouldn’t and she wouldn’t leave me alone. I got mad and slammed the glass door shut and as I did my left hand went through the door cutting my hand below my thumb on the palm side of my hand. I was about 10 when this happened.
3. Also when I was ten I had a major wreck on my bike. I hit the pavement right in front of our home and knocked out my front tooth. I cut my upper lip and I still have a scar that runs from my left nostril to my lip.
4. When I was 11 I had surgery to remove a cyst on my right hand… just below the pointer finger, palm side. The scar is about 3/4" long with dots on both sides.
5. I have a scar on the bottom of my left foot that I received from stepping on a piece of glass.
6. When I was in high school my knees use to give out on me without warning. One night after a dance I was running over to a friend’s car. One minute I was running, the next I was on the asphalt crying with a bleeding knee.
7. On the other knee I have a similar scar from a similar incident. I was running in an alley way to my uncle’s store and carrying a bolt of fabric with me. It had been raining and I was trying to avoid puddles when my knee gave out and I fell to the ground. I banged up my knee but nothting happened to the fabric (I was glad because it was expensive Prom dress fabric).
8. The fall of my 8th grade year my friends and I use to swim in the creek a lot. We would walk through wheat fields to get to different parts of the creek. I received a scratch near my left ankle by the wheat stalk (is that what they are called?). It ended up with infection in the cut because a kernel of wheat was inside the cut and I didn’t know it until about a week later.
9. I have scars on both corners of my mouth from pimples that I get every month (ya…pms related pimples…didn’t get many pimples as a teenager, but now in my 30th’s i get them in the same spot every month and they have left scars) I hate them.
10. I have a deep scar in the center of my back that I have no idea how I got it. It has been there most of my adult life.
11. I have a scar in between my left thumb and pointer finger that I received when using a small rotary cutter to cut the thread inside a bobbin. Not a wise thing to do… especially when you are the teacher in a sewing class and you are supose to be an example of safety procedures.
12. I have 3 scars on both knees that I have received from getting carpet burns while having sex on the floor.
13. My most recent scar is on the top of my head. Many of you know that I received this scar from a fall this past November. I received a 1 1/2 inch cut from hitting my head on the door to my garage as a result of this fall.
Tagged: , 365Days , SP , SelfPhoto , me , myself , not irene , stories , scars , falls , cuts , memories , thirteen things , explored